5 SMART Ways to Boost Your Social Work Income - Audio Series
Let me ask you 5 questions just to make sure you are in the right place.
- Are you a Social Worker?
- Do you feel as if you are not getting paid as much as you would like?
- Do you want to increase your income?
- Would you like to find more engaging ways to make use of your skill set?
- Do you want to have a positive influence in the field of social work and your community?
If any of these questions are true, then you are in the right place because what I want to do is walk you through 5 smart ways to boost your social work income.
Let me tell you 5 interesting things about myself.
- I am a social worker like you.
- I wanted to increase my income and also improve my influence within the field.
- I figured out a way to do the above without disrupting my family's life
- I decided that beyond working a traditional 9 - 5, I was going to do several things.
- I have done the following:
- Self-published instructional courses and e-books
- Performed speaking engagements and presentations
- Opened a private therapy practice
- Provided freelance services to various non-profit organizations
This 9 part audio series is for you if you work a full time job and need or want to increase your income.
Social workers know that incomes tend to be traditionally low relative to our professional contribution to our communities. Raises are few and rarely meet rising costs of living.
Smaller agencies that provide vital services to the community struggle to pay livable salaries or offer benefits like healthcare insurance or retirement plans. This means that social workers, who work for smaller agencies, must pay high premium costs for healthcare insurance or go without a retirement plan.
Can you relate?
Raise your hand if you are a social worker, who works for a larger agency. You love social work and what you do, but you sometimes feel bored, frustrated with bureaucracy, and discouraged by a lack of challenge.
You may make a decent salary and expect to retire comfortably, but you've become disillusioned with your work.
Regardless of the size of the agency, many social workers do not have the liberty of leaving their full-time positions to earn higher salaries or feel professional satisfaction.
5 SMART Ways to Boost Your Social Work Income describes the areas of expertise you may use to increase your income in a side hustle business. It shows you different ways to think of using your skills and interests to accomplish your professional and financial goals.
This audio series includes the following recordings
- Introduction (39:08)
- Review: 5 SMART Questions to Ask if You Want to Boost Your Social Work Income (29:42)
- Consulting (50:56)
- Contract for Services (44:21)
- Private Therapy Practice (52:22)
- Paid Speaking Engagements (28:01)
- Paid Speaking Engagements Addendum (05:11)
- Internet Sales, Products or Services (23:14)
- Entrepreneurship (24:07)
Each of the 5 SMART Ways recordings will provide:
- An experiential definition of the expertise
- What you are asked to do when providing the expertise
- What causes an organizations to need the specific expertise
- How organizations choose those who provide the expertise
- Pros of using the specific expertise as an income booster
- Cons of using the specific expertise as an income booster
- Strengths Needed
You also get Smart Answers to Smart Questions the 3 part, 7 section audio series as a bonus.
- 16 MP3 and 1 PDF